Tri-City Baptist Church's Action Plan for COVID-19
We have developed the following action plan for our church. This action plan is based upon the current recommendations of medical professionals and it seeks to provide a tempered (not reactionary) plan for engaging this global issue in our local setting. We are implementing a multi-level plan which allows for the dynamic nature of this situation.
- Level 1 (Proceed with Prayer): This includes regular church services and events. We encourage our church to pray for the health of our members and others around the world.
- Level 2 (Precaution with Prayer): We recommend that the those in the “at risk” category (ages 60 and older with underlying health concerns and women who are pregnant) live stream our services from their place of residence and we may cancel events as necessary.
- Level 3 (Partition with Prayer): We will livestream the preaching to available Care Share homes and other family homes because our building will be closed. This would allow for singing, fellowship, and prayer within smaller groups. Those who cannot attend or would be concerned about doing so could simply watch the livestream from home.
- Level 4 (Quarantine with Prayer): In rare occasions, other nations have quarantined entire cities. If this unlikely situation were to occur, we would simply livestream the service to our members.
We are currently at Level 2 (Precaution with Prayer).
Finding the right balance with an issue of this nature is never an easy task. As a congregation, we want to participate in our community’s response to this potential threat and work parallel to our state and county recommendations. At this point, we want to limit the potential risk for our members and those who join with us. We will communicate our worship service schedule on a weekly basis.
Our worship services will still be at normal times (childcare will be available, and Children’s Church will join the main service). We encourage those who are “at risk” to livestream our service from home and this voluntary choice is at the discretion of each member. The following changes will be implemented this weekend as cautionary measures:
- Teen SNAC is cancelled.
- Sunday School and Adult Bible Classes are cancelled.
- Choir, orchestra, handbells, and choir practice are cancelled.
- We will postpone Communion until our entire congregation can gather without concern.
- Our offerings will be collected in a box in the lobby or through electronic giving. You can access the portal for electronic giving from our website.
- We encourage all members to use their “social distancing skills” (avoiding handshaking, not coughing on each other, etc.) while at our services.
- Most of our shut-ins and members who are at hospitals cannot receive visitors at this time. Please call before attempting to visit. Make sure to keep connecting with them in other ways.
If you or anyone in your household has a fever, please stay home, watch the live stream, and let us know so that we can pray for you. The link to our live stream is https://www.facebook.com/tricityind/.